Here’s my handy checklist for creative self-empowerment and accomplishing really great things!
1. I think about all the reasons I can’t do it (I don’t have the right skills, time, money, hair color.).
2. I talk about all the reasons I shouldn’t do it (It would be indulgent, I don’t really need it, I’m fine! Just fine.).
3. I realize it’s completely impractical (I don’t have that kind of time! That costs a lot of money! What if I need that money for the big dog I don’t have?).
4. I angst a lot (What will they think of me? Do they think it’s dumb to use “angst” as a verb? I’m not sure who “they” is, but I hear they’re very judgmental, and I don’t need that kind of bullshit.).
5. I reason with myself (Calee, you’re just not good enough to do that yet. Maybe in a few years/decades/some other lifetime. Look what happened when you tried to do math! Give it up. Like you did math.).
6. I secretly want someone to tell me to do it anyway (…anyone?).
In other words… I resist. And resist. And resist some more. And, let me tell you, I am REALLY good at it! Just to nail that point home, I’m going to make this eight steps, not seven!
7. I waste a lot of time resisting.
8. And then I remember that there are people out there who can help me do things. Mentors. Guides. People like me who live for creative self-empowerment and getting up the guts to take a leap.
That moment of transformation?
I LOVE IT.
It ups our baseline, and our appetite.
It’s not long before we want to do it—the leap—again.
Before we know it, we’ve revealed ourselves to be the people we knew we were all along. People who accomplish amazing things in just seven, er, eight—well—just a few steps.
Does any of this resonate with you? Wanna make a change but resisting? Great! Get in touch! I would LOVE to see you leap and celebrate your story.
And I’m telling you right now, I am irresistible.
Love + courage,
>> Looking for some support as you take the leap, my wild friend? Or a-l-m-o-s-t? That's what I'm here for--this perfect, beautiful, exhilarating moment in time where you are just about ready but then decide maybe procrastinating will help! Been there. Seriously. GET IN TOUCH. I'll hold down the fort so you can leap into the version of yourself you've been longing to meet. Drop me a note! If you read this line, you are ready, my friend. Can't wait.
Copyright 2016 Calee Lucht. All rights reserved.